Thursday, December 15, 2016

Amazon

Since I am largely wheelchair bound now, the idea  of shopping, of loading into a car, becomes less appealing. I do like to get out and remain active and fit, but any unnecessary voyages out are questioned. Gary's excellent ramps are helping me reach the long- ago-set goal of circling the block each day in the chair while also circling the house with a walker. Shopping online has become easy and, so I will have a largely electronic Christmas. My Department of Shipping and Receiving gives thanks that we will say goodbye to some of the Santa-sending duties, but generally, elves are upbeat about the changes. Thanks to all working the front lines of Christmas 2016.

Peter may receive some vinyl since his 50th birthday present was a turntable, which I could then buy records for as presents in perpetuum. Tom is getting a membership to a beer club, which promises to surprise him with unknown ales for several months. My way of keeping my hand in the refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment